Baked pears with chèvre is a perfect autumn recipe, marrying ingredients that are in their peak in the fall months: pears, walnuts and pomegranates - with cheese and honey for a perfect blend. Mixing fruit and cheese is a classic French touch. We especially love it when the cheese is sizzling.
Handful of walnuts
Fresh thyme (lemon thyme ideally)
Fresh chèvre (soft goat cheese)
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
2) Wash and cut the pears in half
3) Scoop out the insides and squeeze lemon juice on the flesh of the pears to prevent darkening
4) Place them in a buttered baking dish
5) Brush the pears with honey
6) Place them in the oven for 18 minutes
7) Crack the nuts, break into pieces
8) Cut the pomegranate and de-seed
9) Remove pears from oven and fill each with chèvre, pour olive oil over
10) Garnish with walnut bits, sprinkle with herbs, salt, pepper and pomegranates
11) Place the pears back in the oven on high roast for 2 minutes
VOILÀ et BON APPÉTIT !