Macadamia Ricotta Layered Vegan Lasagna Recipe
- 1 box gluten-free lasagna noodles (I used Jovial Brand)
- 1 32 oz. jar marinara (I used Rao's brand)
- 1 package non-dairy mozzarella (I used Miyoko's brand)
- 2 cups of raw macadamia nuts, soaked overnight
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (I used Japanese sweet potatoes)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup sage
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Filtered water to blend
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Take a large pot and boil enough water to cook your noodles in, and cook noodles just enough to soften about 4-5 minutes.
- Take out the noodles, drain, rinse, and lay on a flat cutting board while you assemble the rest.
- Next, refill the pot and once again boil water.
- Take your eggplant, peeled sweet potatoes, and zucchini, and using a mandoline (if you don't have one you can try with a large peeler or knife- be careful) slice them into long horizontal strips.
- Place the sweet potato slices and eggplant and blanch them in the boiling water for about a minute, then remove and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Next, make your macadamia ricotta. In a blender add soaked and drained macadamia nuts, garlic, sage, basil, miso, lemon juice, salt, and about 1/2 C filtered water. Blend and pulse until a thick paste-like consistency form, making sure it's blended thoroughly. Add a little more water and salt if needed for flavor and texture.
- In a large baking dish, layer sauce, noodles, macadamia ricotta cheese, spinach, and mandoline veggies, and continue until your dish is full. Cover top with more sauce and vegan mozzarella (if desired).
- Cover the top with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until a knife goes through clean.
Recipe by Sarah Considine | Instagram @eatcleansarah