Roasted Butternut Squash with Pine Nuts
Here's a simple recipe I’ve learned while living here in the south of France.
This is a simple twist on a classic Provence roasted vegetable recipe. Pine nuts and the cut make it unique.
I recommend pairing this recipe with the Provençal Vegetable Tian Recipe I shared last week. Both are, in fact, very easy and can be used in many contexts with much delight. I like them because they are visually splendid and they are delicious.
- Butternut squash
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the butternut squash into quarter-inch rounds and cut each round in half (no need to remove the skin - perfectly edible and becomes very soft with roasting)
- Lay the slices out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and scatter pine nuts across the
- Cook for 30 minutes or until edges of the squash and the pine nuts have turned slightly brown