Julia Child said it best, “A party without cake is really just a meeting.”
Well Julia, that’s easy for you to say. For the rest of us inept bakers, turning mere ingredients into an edible and photo-worthy creation is nothing short of a miracle.
If you find yourself wondering what to do with all of those extra summer berries or any other lonely ingredients left over from your 4th of July celebrations, look no further!
Unfortunately, I am not skilled in the way of cake baking. A cake eating expert, definitely. I’m always 100% successful in that area. And pie, I can manage, as was shared in last week’s post. But cake, not so much…le sigh.
So… much to your reading disappointment, I have no tips on how to make your cake the fluffiest or how to make adorable decorations out of frosting. I do, however, have a picture of one good lookin’ cake in one remarkably appealing display. *See the miracle below.
Luckily for you, we happen to offer many marble selections here at Couleur Nature & Caravan Home. You are quite literally a click away (maybe four… if we’re being realistic) from becoming the proud new owner of these beautifully hand-crafted marble pieces. Even better news is that we have them in stock. The cake is not included.
For all you bakers out there, you can now create the perfect backdrop to showcase your culinary skills. However, if you lack the cake baking gene like I do, you’re in luck. I have created a list of suitable alternatives to allow you to utilize our marble serveware in all its glory without subjecting your guests to any baking failures. You’re welcome.
You’ll have to use your imagination in picturing some of the following suggestions as I apparently lack the photography gene as well. Though, I’m sure that Pinterest could be a pretty good resource here.
- Create a centerpiece by arranging the extra summer fruit that I mentioned earlier.
- Display a variety of candles for a little dining ambiance. Oh-so-fancy.
- Wow your guests by providing an assortment of your favorite bread and cheese spread. *No baking required.
- Channel your inner chef and arrange olive oils and other cooking necessities in your kitchen. If you don’t use any of those items, plants might be a better option.
- Showcase delicate perfume bottles, soaps and hand towels for your guest bath.
If all else fails, keep a trusty baker on speed dial for any unforeseen hostess emergencies and because…well…cake.
Don't forget to explore the Couleur Nature collection of tea towels, table runners, placemats and more.